If you really want to make a difference – make it with us Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with around 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit
for an insight into our organisation, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
Your job – challenging and future oriented
- Within a team of true experts in an area of strategic corporate importance, you are responsible for the development of problem domain and solution domain architectures.
- You translate and align these technology concepts into business strategies and requirements.
- Elicit and define requirements, both functional and non-functional, in cooperation with product management are additional responsibilities of your job.
- You bear responsibility in identifying technological gaps and risks that could impact future strategies and financial aspects of our solutions.
- Tasks you will be required to undertake includes clear communication and documentation of concepts for software-, firmware- and hardware design teams to implement.
- You will govern the realization of concepts, both during design and implementation.
- Working on a global scale and testing the limits of technology make the job fascinating and challenging alike.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You have successfully completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent such as Computer Science or Automation Engineering).
- Around 10 years of work experience in platform architecture as well as experience in product line engineering gives you a solid background.
- You can build on 8+ years of experience in OT systems, cloud computing solutions, cloud security concepts and cloud operations concepts. Proficiency with IoT systems is very welcome.
- 5+ years of work experience in building automation domains would be a plus.
- You are a person of exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking nd also have the ability to contribute in interdisciplinary teams
- A track record in mapping systems concepts into realistic technology solutions is outstanding.
- Applicants bring along a proven ability to clearly document and communicate concepts.
- Highly proficient English spoken and written completes your personal profile.
Good reasons to work at Siemens We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at
Contact us – easily and directly We look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID 243270 at: Alexis Stavrianidis, +41 79 888 99 57.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.