If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
The Siemens Power and Gas Division is the trusted partner for world class technology for the oil and gas, power and industrial markets. The Division is dedicated to deliver its customers reliable, efficient, clean and safe products and solutions. We are seeking new R&D senior key expert colleagues for our gas turbine & generator engineering organization. Siemens as a modern employer offers flexibility of working locations in Zurich, Berlin or Mülheim Ruhr (Germany) and Orlando or Charlotte (USA). At our Siemens campus in Zürich we are having an R&D expert office across multiple disciplines which supports our global development projects.
Your job – challenging
and future oriented
- You lead, influence and advice international engineering design teams in the area of developing the next generation of high performance gas turbines & generators. Thus, you report to the engineering executive management.
- You develop technology strategies and drive their implementation in order to provide significant contribution towards achieving the development goals.
- This covers all areas of the product life cycle: the development of new technologies, the product development, engine integration, the verification and testing as well as the long term product validation.
- You consult the management, cooperate with technology and innovation roles, project design teams, procurement, manufacturing and marketing & sales colleagues.
- External customer consultancy concludes your diverse portfolio of responsibilities.
Your qualifications –
solid and appropriate
- You have a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in mechanical, materials or aerospace / turbo-machinery engineering or similar.
- You have more than 20 years of in-depth understanding of gas turbine or generator development and extensive experience in the turbomachinery business.
- Directing global multi-skilled professional teams are or have been your responsibility.
- You are a key expert in one of the following areas: - Advanced turbine materials & manufacturing technologies - Combustion technology - Mechanical integrity & probabilistic design - Secondary air system & sealings - Turbine aerodynamic & heat transfer - Generator (Electrical, Thermal and Cooling design)
- Project management, team building and strong communication skills are key competencies of yours.
- You are business fluent in English, German would be an additional asset.
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at
Contact us – easily and directly
We look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID 224465 at: Elmar Manetzgruber, +41 79 675 76 70.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Your Recruiting Consultant