Our client is a recently formed, private-equity backed, natural resources company who own and operate international mining assets. Following a recent successful acquisition, to deliver on the future investment strategy, our client intends to take the company public in 2017, probably in London.
The Switzerland based management of the firm have significant operational and strategic Senior Management experience in the mining industry and together with a small team of dedicated specialists they intend to grow the business successfully and sustainably.
As Head of Investor Relations and Communications you will be accountable for managing investment community and media relations, creating and presenting consistently applied investment communications to the investment community and media on behalf of the company, and for monitoring and presenting to management the views and opinions of the investment community regarding the company's overall performance. We are looking for a very flexible and hands-on individual who thrives in a lean, fast moving environment.
- Develop and maintain a company IR and Comms plan, initially focusing on preparing for an Initial Public Offering.
- Performing comprehensive competitive analyses, including financial metrics and differentiation.
- Developing and monitoring performance metrics for the IR function.
- Monitor operational changes through ongoing contacts with the company management, and develop IR messages based on these changes.
- Provide Regulation Fair Disclosure training to all relevant company employees.
- Establish the optimum type and mix of shareholders created through a variety of targeting initiatives.
- Create presentations, press releases and other communication materials for earnings releases, industry events, and presentations to analysts, brokers, investors and the media
- Lead the production of all annual reports, stock-exchange filings, and proxy statements.
- Monitor analyst reports and other relevant media and summarise them for the management.
- Act as the key point of contact for the investment community and media.
- Establish and maintain relationships with stock exchange representatives.
- Organise conferences, road shows, earnings conference calls, and investor meetings.
- Manage and develop the investor relations section of the company website.
- Manage and develop social media contents for the company (i.e. LinkedIn, Twitter etc)
- Provide feedback to management regarding the investment community's perception of the company and its results.
- Represent the views of the investor community to the management team in the development of the corporate strategy.
- Degree in Finance & Accounting or similar.
- Native or business proficiency level English essential.
- Chartered accountant and/or CFA would be an advantage.
- 6 years minimum experience either with a big 4 audit and advisory firm, industrial corporate or investment banking.
- IR experience, ideally with previous exposure to IPOs.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Preparedness to join a lean team of collaborative and driven colleagues with the required flexibility and stretch needed for a young ambitious company.
- Proven relationship-building expertise in the investment community and media.
- Ability to collaborate effectively at all levels of an organization both internally and externally.
- Mining or related industries experience highly desirable.
If you are interested to be considered for this opportunity, please send us your CV including your salary expectations to email@example.com.