- Act as guardian of the bank’s risk appetite providing effective risk oversight.
- Run well-controlled risk processes ensuring an effective bank-wide 2nd line of defense.
- Proactively support the business in shaping its risk profile, developing its 1st line of defense and aligning its strategy execution with shareholders’ and regulatory requirements.
- Drive the bank’s regulatory ‘risk’ agenda and position as competent reliable partner vis-à-vis regulatory authorities.
- Maintain a comprehensive bank-wide risk appetite framework including market risk, credit risk, operational risk, reputational risk etc.
- Provide stakeholders with transparency on all risk-related matters and ensure timely assessment and escalation.
- Continuously develop the risk function by attracting, developing and retaining top talents and foster continuous learning throughout the organization.
- Drive the continuous enhancement and efficiency improvement of risk-related systems & infrastructure
- Successful delivery of the evolving Change portfolio sponsored by the Risk Division.
- Shaping strategic approaches to delivering change programs.
- Supporting the Risk division by defining its 3-5 year Target Operating Model
- Minimum university undergraduate degree, ideally postgraduate or relevant professional qualifications.
- Recognized relevant professional qualification (e.g. Prince 2, PMI, ACA, CIMA, CFA, MBA, CA, risk certification).
- Excellent understanding of credit risk discipline from reporting processes and workflows perspective with direct experience in credit risk system implementations
- 3-5 years business process analysis and change experience in a similar role within a large financial institution
- Proficient understanding of front to back systems, data, calculations, processes and current regulatory regimes and requirements within risk functions of International Banks and Wealth Management Organizations with specific experience in one of the following in the Credit Risk domain: Swiss Bank, Private Bank, Corporate and Commercial Bank, Investment Bank environment
- Effective stakeholder management, experience in facing senior business stakeholders, and ability to engage with quantitative experts
- Significant experience of embedding new risk management systems in a complex organizations
- Solid understanding of Regulator delivery programs in Risk functions
- Track record of sourcing and defining clear and comprehensive requirements
- Experience in designing operating models, processes and control functions
- Must be able to communicate business concepts and proposals in English (both written and verbal) with all levels of management in a clear and concise manner. German would be an advantage for stakeholder engagement in addition to English
- Strong validation skills. Able to iterate through requirements in an agile manner
- Reliable, analytical and flexible personality with a structured and analytical approach
- Pragmatic, “can-do” attitude and ability to work independently under tight timelines and cost constraints
- Self-motivated with a genuine sense of ownership and accountability for tasks. Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks. Proven ability to work with little supervision
- Good planning and organizational skills
Mr. J. Lindemann (HIOD 13) would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.