Senior Linux Infrastructure Engineer
Edelway is a Swiss IT Service and Consulting organisation with the headquarter in Zurich and locations in Geneva, Berlin and Barcelona. Currently we are seeking for our Fintech client a Senior Linux Infrastructure Engineer in Zürich asap.
* Responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms and servers
* Install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve the company operating environment
* Maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure which includes monitoring the operating environments; responding to incidents, problems and planning for growth
* Responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the data center
* Deploy the release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and perform testing of PC/server operating systems, and related utilities and hardware.
* Provide infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth, install new servers and maintain the infrastructure.
* Share the expertise and provide individual training and support
* Work together with other technical staff and vendors to provide IT services to all company teams
* 3rd Level Support
- Linux Expert (Ubuntu, Linux, RedHat) with 5+ year experience
- Strong technical experience and troubleshooting skills on 3PAR SAN storage and backup solutions (CommVault and Gluster)
- 2 + years of experience in at least 3 of these technologies: Airlock, NGINX, HAProxy, DNSMasq, FTP, Consul
- Overall virtualization experience: mainly VMWare and knowledge of Nutanix
- Sound scripting/programming skills in languages as python, perl, bash, nodejs, java, go lang, powershell
- Hands-on experience with monitoring tools, covering all infrastructure components, using tools such as Nagios, ELK, SCOM etc.
- Open LDAP / Kerberos working knowledge (migration and integration with Microsoft AD)
- Datacenter experience
Nice to have:
- Databases knowledge (SQL and Oracle)
- Base Microsoft Windows experience
Does this sound like a new challenge for you? Please feel free to send me your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me for more details at +41 58 717 70 44